Internet Edition by
Notice Writing ‘by Menonim Menonimus, Published by www.menonimus.com
D.T.P. by A Shahriar
My Dear Cousin
Who is no more
to enquire of me
how I am.
(Steps of Notice Writing)
A Notice is a written (hand-written or printed) announcement or information of some event that is about to happen. In the modern age, it is an effective medium of communication. Generally, Notices are given in newspapers or magazines. Educational Notices are displayed on the Notice Boards in schools or colleges.
There are some Salient Features of a Notice, as-
1. Notice is given on the letter pad of the institution or organization. Address of the issuing institution is also given.
2. The date of issue is given at the top or at the bottom of the Notice.
3. Notice is written in a very simple, formal and impressive language.
4. The sentences are brief to the point.
5. The signature of the issuing authority is written at the bottom on the left side.
Some Specimens of Notice Writing are given below. The learners should practise them.
1. Suppose you are Mridula, the Cultural Secretary of your school. You have organized a Cultural Evening as a Thanks Giving Programme on the last day of your session. Write a notice giving information about this event in about 50 words.
B. K. HIGH SCHOOL, NALIGAON
Date: 14th December 2019
Thanks Giving Programme
The school is going to organize a grand Cultural Function on the 30th of December, 2019 as a Thanks Giving Programme. The students are requested to come to school at 7.30 A. M. on that day. They are asked to maintain discipline and decency. The Programmes are as below:
1. Welcome Song,
2. Poetry Recitation,
3. Thanks Giving Speech by the Secretary.
B. K. High School
2. Suppose you are the Magazine Secretary of your school or college. Your School Magazine is going to be published next month. Write a notice for your school Notice Board in about 50 words inviting contributions for the magazine.
MOTHER TERESA ACADEMY, BARPETA
21st October 2011
Contributions for School Magazine
The school Magazine Navajoyti is going to be published next month. The students are requested to contribute stories, songs, poems, humours, comics, criticisms, biographies, etc. by 5th November 2020. The articles should be neatly written on one side of the foolscap paper. Only the selected items will be published. Rejected articles will not be returned.
Mother Teresa Academy,
3. You are the Secretary of the Students’ Union of your school. Write a Notice for the Notice Board of your school about an excursion.
RAMDAS HIGH SCHOOL, BHARALU
Date: 7th November
Excursion to Sibsagar
The Headmaster of our school is pleased to allow the students of the school to go on an excursion to Sibasagar. The English Teacher Nava Kumar will accompany us as our guide. The willing students are asked to give their names along with a deposit of rupees 500.00 each to the undersigned by 11th November 2012. The amounts include refreshment with the bus fare.
Ramdas High School.
4. You are Alakesh Bhatiya, secretary of Jnanodhaya Jatiya Vidyalaya, Kamalpur. Write a notice for the school notice Board inviting the students to attend a lecture delivered by a scientist.
JNANODHAYA JATIYA VIDHALAYA, KAMALPUR
Date: 15th July 2020
Invitation to attend a Lecture to be delivered by a Scientist
All the students of the school, herby invited to attend a lecture to be delivered by the eminent scientist honourable Shri Shiva Shankar of Calcutta University in our school Auditorium at 1 p. m. on 17th July 2012. He will deliver lecture especially on the possibility of rescuing the earth from air pollution by means of using recently invented molecule.
Secretary, Science Forum,
J. J. Vidyalaya, Kamalpur.
5. You are Mahabir Shastri, the General Secretary of Debate and Symposium of your school. You have organized an Inter-school Debate Competition at your school. Write a notice about that for your School Notice Board.
DEBATE AND SYMPOSIUM
RADHAKANTA ACADEMY, DIBRUGARH
Date: 23rd March 2021
Inter-School Debate Competition
It is notified that our school is going to organize an Inter-school Debate Competition on 27th March 2020. Already we have received entries from six schools. Each team will consist of two students. One will speak for and the other against the motion. The topic is: Power Corrupts man. So the willing students are asked to submit their names to the undersigned within two days.
6. Suppose you are the Principal of H. M. H. Higher Secondary School, Jaipur. Write a notice declaring two days Local Holiday for the occasion of puja.
Office of the Principal
H. M. H. HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL, JAIPUR
Date: 20th September 2020
Local Holiday Declaration
Hereby notified that our school will remain closed on 21th and 22nd Sep 2020 on account of local Rani Puja. The school will reopen on 23rd Sep 2012.
7. Suppose you are the Secretary of your School Students’ Union. Your school has completed 50 years of meritorious services to society. As a secretary, write a notice informing the decision to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of the school.
H. K. HIGH SCHOOL, LAKHRA
Date: 11th April 2010
Golden Jubilee Celebration
H. M. H. Higher Secondary School has completed 50 years of meritorious services to society. The Students’ Union of our school has decided to celebrate the Golden Jubilee of the school on 25th to 28th April 2020. The students are asked to participate in the Cultural Programmes of the school. The willing students may give their names to the undersigned by 19th April 2020.
Secretary, Students’ Union
H.M.H. Higher Secondary School
8. You are Lalita. You have dropped your purse somewhere in the school premises. Write a short notice for the School Notice Board requesting the finder to return the same to you.
Date: 24/ 12/ 2020
I, the undersigned, lost my purse somewhere in the school premises yesterday morning. It is a black colour leather pocket purse with the word written “Prestige” at the forefront of the purse. In the purse, there was a Xerox copy of my Registration Card bearing No. K- 02313/ 2015, besides two hundred rupees. The finder is highly requested to return the same to me or to the Secretary of the Students’ Union of the school. He will be suitably rewarded.
Roll No. 21
Note: If a student writes a notice non-officially for his individual purpose it does not require the mentioning of School Name at the top of the notice.
9. Suppose you are the Director of Ganesh Academy, Jorhat. Draft an Admission Notice for publication in an English Daily.
GANESH ACADEMY, JORHAT
20th April 2019
Admission for H. S. 1st Year, T. D. C. 1st Year, Computer Science and Mechanical Engineering are going on from 25th April 2012.
For detail contact to:
Ganesh Academy, Jorhat
10. You are the proprietor of a shop at New Market, Guwahati- 3. Write out a notice for offering to sell the building by auction.
Date: 15th August 2020
Notified that the undersigned offers to sell his Shop No. 43 at New Market, Guwahati-3. The auction will take place on 19th August 2020 at 9 A. M. The purchaser will have to pay 40% of the bid amount on the spot.
Contact for more detail:
Shop No. 43.
New Market, Ghty-3
11. Suppose you are the librarian of Barpeta Academy. Write out a notice asking all the students and teachers to return the library books that they have borrowed, a week before the commencement of the ensuing Annual Examination.
BARPETA ACADEMY, BARPETA
Date: 10th September 2020
Asking for Returning books
Hereby all the students and teachers are reminded to return the library books that they have borrowed. All the books must be returned before the commencement of the Annual Examination. Only the students belonging to B. P. L. family can keep two books with the special permission of the Principal. The defaulters would be deprived of appearing in the examination.
12. Write a notice for the College Notice Board inviting volunteers for one day Blood Donation Camp organized by the students’ Union of your school. You are Ramen the Rector of H. J. K. College.
H. J. K. COLLEGE, JALAH
Date: 10th February 2012
Blood Donation Campaign
The Students’ Union our College has been going to organize one day Blood Donation Campaign at our school on 12th February 2021. The students are urged to participate in large number to make the camp a grand success. Your blood can save a life. Take part in such a noble cause.
H. J. K. College.
13. You are the Principal of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Academy, Howly. Write out a notice declaring the result of H. S. 1st Year Annual Examination.
Office of the Principal
Date: 14th March 2018
The following students with their Roll Nos. are declared to have passed the H. S. 1st Year Examination, 2020-2021. The students are asked to collect their Mark Sheets on 14th March 2021 from the office.
Divisions Roll Nos.
1st Div: 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 08, 09, 12, 34, 45, 46, 47, 48 50,
2nd Div: 07, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 21, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 30,
3rd Div: Nil
14. Write a notice calling for entries from intending students of your school for a Quiz Competition. You are Ranjan, General Secretary of Gopinath Bordoli High School, Barpeta Road.
Gopinath Bodoloi High School, Barpeta Road
Date: 27th October 2021
It is general information to all the students of our School that an Inter-School Quiz Competition is going to be organized in our school premises on 2nd November 2021. Rakib Shah, the English Teacher of our school will conduct the programme. The team will consist of two students each. The willing students of our school are urged to take part in it.
Gopinath Bordoloi High School
15. You are Binod or Seema, the Cultural General Secretary of St. Anthony’s College, Guwahati. Draft a notice, in not more than 50 words, for the notice board informing the students about the Inter-College Song and Dance Competition that your institution is going to organise.
ST. ANTHONY’S COLLEGE, GUWAHATI
Date: 27th October 2017
Inter-School Dance and Song Competition
It is general information to all the students of our College that an Inter-School Dance and Song Competition is going to be held in our college premises on 2nd November 2021. The willing students of our college are urged to take part in it. They should submit their names with Class and Roll Number before 30th October 2021.
Cultural General Secretary,
St. Anthony’s College, Guwahati.
16. You are Anil/ Amrita, the Cultural Secretary of Tezpur Govt. Higher Secondary School. You are planning to organise a cultural programme. Write a notice for the school notice-board inviting names of students willing to participate. (Word limit: 50 words)
TEZPUR GOVT. HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL, TEZPUR
21st March 2018
Tezpur Govt. Higher Secondary School is going to organize a cultural programme on 27th March 2020. A variety of competition like quiz, extempore speech, dance, Joyti Sangeet, Bhisnu Sangeet, one-act play etc. are going to be held. The willing participants from among the students of the school are asked to submit their names with class and section before 24th March 2020.
Tezpur Govt. Higher Secondary School,
17. You are Rahim/Reshma, Head Boy/Head Girl of Joyti High School, Chandrapur. Next month your school is going to organize a ‘Science Week’. Write a notice in about 50 words for the school notice board informing the students about the event. Also, ask them to submit their models.
Joyti High School, Chandrapur
9th March 2021
Our school is going to organize ‘Science Week’ celebrations from 14th March to 21 March 2021. The students are asked to submit their models based on the theme ‘Conservation of Wildlife’ to their respective class teachers by 13th March. The selected models from each class will be awarded suitably. Students interested in helping to organize the event are asked to give their names with Class and Roll No. to the undersigned by 12th March.
Joyti High School, Chandrapur
18. Water supply will be suspended for seven hours (7 am to 3 pm) on the 11th of June for cleaning of the water tank. Write a notice in about 50-60 words advising the residents to store water for the day. You are Rajesh Secretary, Green Group Housing Society, Nishipur.
Green Group Housing Society, Nishipur
June 10, 2021
Asking for Storing Water
This notice is to inform all the residents of the village of Nishipur regarding the suspension of water supply for 7 hours. It is being done to clean the water tanks. The details are as follows:
Date: June 11
Time: 7 am – 3 pm
Thus, we request you to store the water of your requirement for the day beforehand to minimise the difficulty. Thanking you
Green Group of Housing Society
19. Your are Lalit. While walking in the street in your neighbourhood you found a small bag containing some documents and some cash. Write a notice in about 50-60 words to be put on the Market Notice Board asking the owner to identify and collect the said bag from you.
March 21, 2020
This is to inform people in general that a plastic bag has been found in the neighbourhood street if Bluehill Park. It contains a few documents and some cash. The plastic bag is blue in colour and is of medium size. It was found yesterday at 4 pm near Bluehill Park. The owner of the bag may contact me on 9101249321 along with an identity proof. Thanking you
20. You are Ranjan /Rejina, the head boy/ head girl of Nirman High School. Your school is going to publish an annual magazine next month. Write a notice for the notice board of your school inviting students to submit their writings.
NIRMAN HIGH SCHOOL, DEVIJAN
April 11, 2020
Asking Contributions for School Magazine
This is to inform all the students of our school that our school is going to publish its annual magazine ‘Niraman Stumagazine’ next month. All those who wish to contribute can send their entries to email@example.com. Write-ups will be accepted latest by April 21, 2020, till 5 pm. The students can take any topic of their choice. For further information, you may contact your respective class teachers.
Nirman High School
21. You are Rubul/Reshi, head boy/ head girl of Willfellow Convent School. Your school is going to organize an inter-school indigenous singing competition. Write a notice for the notice board of your school inviting names of all the interested students.
WILLFELOW CONVENT SCHOOL, JAINPUR
12 March 2019
Inter-School indigenous Singing Competition
This is to inform all the students that our school is organising an Inter-school Singing Competition on March 17, 2019, at 1 pm in the school auditorium. More than 21 schools from all over the surrounding villages will participate. Interested students may contact the undersigned by March 15, 2019.
Willfellow Convent School, Jainpur
22. You are Pradyut/ Pranjita, the sports secretary of Rihabari High School, Dhemaji. Write a notice to hang on the notice board of your school giving the details for the participation of students in a football tournament to be organised by your school.
Rihabari High School, Dhemaji
It is hereby notified that a football tournament is going to be organized in our school on 22 August 2019. The selection for the teams will be made on 10 August 2019 at 4 p.m. at the school playground. Those who are interested must submit their names to the undersigned by 8 August 2029. Selection will be made purely on the basis of the performance on the field. Only the students of class VII to XII are eligible for selection.
2 August 2019
23. You are Mintu/ Minu. As the president of the Literary Club of Greenland Academi, Kayakuchi, you have organized an inter-school debate competition on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee Celebration of your school. Write a notice informing the students about the competition.
Greenland Academi, Kayakuchi
It is hereby notified that an inter-school debate competition is going to be held in our school on 25 June 2019 on the occasion of the Silver Jubilee Celebration. The motion of the debate is ‘The pen is mightier than the sword’. The students from class VII to XII can participate. Interested students must contact the undersigned by 20 June.
President, Literary Club
15, June 2019
24. You are the president of the Literary Club of your school. Draft a notice informing the students about an inter-school quiz competition which will be held in your school.
Growhills Academy, Kamalpur, Barpeta
It is hereby notified that an inter-school quiz competition is going to be held in our school on 26 January 2020 on the occasion of the celebration of Republic Day. The students from class VI to XII can participate. Interested students must contact the undersigned by 25 January.
President, Literary Club
25, January, 2020
25. You are the sports secretary of your school. Draft a notice to inform the students about an inter-school cricket tournament which will be organised by your school.
Holy Faith Academy, Barbala
It is hereby notified that an inter-school cricket tournament is going to be organized in our school on 2 February 2020. The selection for the teams will be made on 28 January 2020 at 4 p.m. at the school playground. Those who are interested must submit their names to the undersigned by 27 January 2020. Selection will be made on the basis of the performance on the field. Only the students of class VIII to XII are eligible for selection.
Secretary, Sports Club
Holy Faith Academy, Barbala
26 January 2020
26. You are Saurabh/ Saurabhi, the cultural secretary of your school. Write a notice for the cultural programmes to be held on the occasion of ‘Teachers’ Day’ celebration in your school. Give details of the programmes.
Wellhills Academy, Barpeta
It is hereby notified that a cultural programme is going to be arranged in our school on 14 November, on the occasion of the celebration of ‘Teachers’ Day’. On that day some cultural programmes along with a quiz and extempore speech competition will be held. The willing students from class VI to XII are asked to submit their names and classes to the undersigned on or before 13 November.
Wellhills Academy, Barpeta
10 November 2020
0 0 0
- Notice Writing, Notice Format
- Notice Introduction
- CBSE Notice Writing
- Notice Writing: Question Answer
- Notice Writing Class 12
- Notice Wiktionary
- Notice Wikipedia
Some Books of Composition by Menonim Menonimus:
- School Essays
- The Art of Poster Writing
- Paragraph Writing
- The Art of Letter Writing
- Advertisement Writing
- Story Writing
- Note Making
- Substance Writing
- Passage Comprehension Test
- Report Writing
- Notice Writing